Supplementary Seasonal Employment
SUPPLEMENTARY SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT (SSE) WORK VISA
SSE work visa instructions allow employers in the horticulture and viticulture industry to
supplement their New Zealand workforce to meet the labour shortage for a specified region and period through SSE work visa holders.
Upon obtaining approval in principle (AIP), a New Zealand employer can offer seasonal employment to on-shore migrants for the purpose of planting, harvesting, or packing crops in the horticulture and viticulture industry.
Any onshore non-New Zealander who is on a visitor or study visa can apply for an SSE work visa.
Before applying for an SSE work visa, a New Zealand employer must:
- obtain SSE approval in principle
- be a genuine New Zealand employer
- establish a relationship with the appropriate regional MSD offices conerning their seasonal labour requirements
- take steps to employ suitable and available New Zealand citizen or residence-class visa-holder workers
- not have a history of non-compliance with immigration or employment laws
- ensure that workers have access to suitable accommodation for the duration of their employment
- specify a market rate in terms of a per-hour rate or a piece rate in the employment agreement
For an SSE work visa application, an applicant must:
- be 18 years or older
- already be in New Zealand on a student or visitor visa
- intends to work in the horticulture or viticulture industry
- hold bona fide intention to do seasonal work for an eligible employer
- meet health and character requirements
- not have been granted SSE (or TRSE) work visa before
- not have held any type of work visa since their last entry to New Zealand
- have an air ticket to leave New Zealand or sufficient funds to purchase one
The SSE work visa is valid for up to 6 months and it does not include travel conditions. You can only be granted this visa once.
Your Success is our Success
Great service, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient! I highly recommended Sharma Law.
I came to Sharma Law with a difficult application. Rahul and his team helped us so much. I and my family can’t thank Rahul and his team enough for all the help and exceptional service.
Thank you for your representation, professionalism, and excellence.
Rahul is an incredible Immigration Lawyer in Hamilton. He is a wonderful person, very helpful, and informative. Rahul and his team are friendly, professional, and easy to access. We felt very comfortable with them. I would highly recommend Sharma Law to anyone that is looking for an Immigration Lawyer.
I got my residence from Sharma Law. They are very experienced. Thanks!
Had a wonderful experience working with Sharma Law for my Partnership Visa. My application was complex but Rahul and Alex did a great job in addressing the previous issues and delivered a positive result. I highly recommend Sharma Law.
The team at Sharma Law is very efficient and I highly recommend it to everyone. I would personally like to thank Vani for her utmost effort and help during the whole process for my visa.
Had the best Immigration Journey! Thanks to Rahul Sir and Daman Sir who helped me in the process of applying for an Essential Skills Visa and my Resident Visa. Since the start, they were so organized and had a perfect plan for how to approach and work on the application. Always had easy and timely communication. Totally recommend their service. Finally can call NZ, my home!
Since 2017 we have been with Sharma Law having positive experiences every single time till we got our residence approved. Best consultation, handling the case, and giving lots of easy solutions. I highly recommend Sharma Law to everyone. Thank you Sharma Law it was an awesome experience with you.