Care Workforce Work to Residence Visa
From 29 September 2023, you can apply for Care Workforce Work to Residence Visa if you currently work for an accredited employer or have a job offer from one and you have worked in a care workforce sector role for 24 months.
Work experience gained in New Zealand after 29 September 2021 will only be counted. Your 24 months of work experience in the role must be completed in New Zealand within 30 months from the date you apply. Work experience of 24 months does not have to be obtained in consecutive months. It can also include any parental leave undertaken.
An applicant who has worked in New Zealand for at least 24 months in the last 30 months but not entirely in a Care Workforce sector occupation can still be considered for residence if they meet the acceptable work requirements in New Zealand through one of the following:
- Green List Work to Residence role, or
- Transport Sector Work to Residence role, or
- Working in New Zealand and earning at least twice the median wage.
The applicant must
- be 55 years of age or under
- meet health and character requirements for residence
- meet the acceptable minimum standard of English
- be employed full-time (at least 30 hours) and permanent
- be paid at or above the Level 4 support worker’s minimum wage rate for the full duration of the 24 months
Roles on the Care Workforce sector occupation list include:
- Kaiawhina (Hauora) (Maori Health Assistant) (411512)
- Disabilities Services Officer (411712)
- Residential Care Officer (411715)
- Aged or Disabled Carer (423111)
- Nursing Support Worker (423312)
- Personal Care Assistant (423313)
- Therapy Aide (423314)
- Child or Youth Residential Care Assistant (423411)
- Diversional Therapist (411311)
Your Success is our Success
Great service, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient! I highly recommended Sharma Law.
I came to Sharma Law with a difficult application. Rahul and his team helped us so much. I and my family can’t thank Rahul and his team enough for all the help and exceptional service.
Thank you for your representation, professionalism, and excellence.
Rahul is an incredible Immigration Lawyer in Hamilton. He is a wonderful person, very helpful, and informative. Rahul and his team are friendly, professional, and easy to access. We felt very comfortable with them. I would highly recommend Sharma Law to anyone that is looking for an Immigration Lawyer.
I got my residence from Sharma Law. They are very experienced. Thanks!
Had a wonderful experience working with Sharma Law for my Partnership Visa. My application was complex but Rahul and Alex did a great job in addressing the previous issues and delivered a positive result. I highly recommend Sharma Law.
The team at Sharma Law is very efficient and I highly recommend it to everyone. I would personally like to thank Vani for her utmost effort and help during the whole process for my visa.
Had the best Immigration Journey! Thanks to Rahul Sir and Daman Sir who helped me in the process of applying for an Essential Skills Visa and my Resident Visa. Since the start, they were so organized and had a perfect plan for how to approach and work on the application. Always had easy and timely communication. Totally recommend their service. Finally can call NZ, my home!
Since 2017 we have been with Sharma Law having positive experiences every single time till we got our residence approved. Best consultation, handling the case, and giving lots of easy solutions. I highly recommend Sharma Law to everyone. Thank you Sharma Law it was an awesome experience with you.