Visitor Visa NZ
UNLOCK THE WONDERS OF NEW ZEALAND WITH A VISITOR VISA!!
Discover the captivating beauty, vibrant culture and warm hospitality of New Zealand. With it’s diverse range of attractions, from stunning landscapes to bustling cities, full of numerous adventures, and being one of the safest destinations in the world, its no wonder millions of visitors choose to explore New Zealand each year.
If you are planning a trip to New Zealand, you may require a Visitor Visa. Here is what you need:
- a vaild passport
- a genuine reason for your visit
- sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay or a New Zealand sponsor
- meet health and character requirements
- have no intention to work or study during your stay in New Zealand
- demonstrate you are a bona fide visitor having the intention to return to your home country or travel onwards
Duration of Visitor Visa
A Visitor Visa is typically granted for three months, with the option to extend your stay for up to nine months and also sometimes up to twelve months in exceptional circumstances.
PURPOSE AND TYPES OF VISITOR VISA
- New Zealand attracts visitors for tourism. business, education, and visiting family and friends.
- Visitors can explore the natural beauty, our unique culture, business opportunities, and short-term study programmes.
- You can reunite with your family who is studying or working, or living in New Zealand as a resident or citizen.
- Parents and grandparents of New Zealand residents or citizens can also obtain a Visitor Visa for a maximum of 18 months over 3 years.
- If you are visiting New Zealand for business for less than 3 months, you can apply for a Business Visitor Visa.
- You may study for up to 3 months in a 12-month period of a Visitor Visa.
- If you are travelling from a visa waiver country, you do not need to apply for a Visitor Visa. Travellers can obtain a visa on arrival but they must hold a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) and pay the international visitor conservation and tourism levy (IVL).
Special category Visitor Visas:
A Visitor Visa also allows people who aren’t tourists to visit New Zealand for a short period. You may be eligible for a Visitor Visa in a special category if you have a specific reason for your visit.
Your specific purpose to visit New Zealand may include:
- medical treatment
- travel for business
- to take part in a New Zealand Trade and Entreprise or New Zealand Tourism Board event
- as a visiting academic
- visiting Media Programme
- to join a vessel or aircraft as a crew
- to take part in sports events, either as a sports person, support staff, media or broadcasting personnel
- to take part in an approved arts or music festival
- to take part in a high-end music act
- to travel to New Zealand as a tour escort
Your Success is our Success
Great service, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient! I highly recommended Sharma Law.
I came to Sharma Law with a difficult application. Rahul and his team helped us so much. I and my family can’t thank Rahul and his team enough for all the help and exceptional service.
Thank you for your representation, professionalism, and excellence.
Rahul is an incredible Immigration Lawyer in Hamilton. He is a wonderful person, very helpful, and informative. Rahul and his team are friendly, professional, and easy to access. We felt very comfortable with them. I would highly recommend Sharma Law to anyone that is looking for an Immigration Lawyer.
I got my residence from Sharma Law. They are very experienced. Thanks!
Had a wonderful experience working with Sharma Law for my Partnership Visa. My application was complex but Rahul and Alex did a great job in addressing the previous issues and delivered a positive result. I highly recommend Sharma Law.
The team at Sharma Law is very efficient and I highly recommend it to everyone. I would personally like to thank Vani for her utmost effort and help during the whole process for my visa.
Had the best Immigration Journey! Thanks to Rahul Sir and Daman Sir who helped me in the process of applying for an Essential Skills Visa and my Resident Visa. Since the start, they were so organized and had a perfect plan for how to approach and work on the application. Always had easy and timely communication. Totally recommend their service. Finally can call NZ, my home!
Since 2017 we have been with Sharma Law having positive experiences every single time till we got our residence approved. Best consultation, handling the case, and giving lots of easy solutions. I highly recommend Sharma Law to everyone. Thank you Sharma Law it was an awesome experience with you.