Are you a student from India considering coming to New Zealand to study and obtain further qualifications? The knowledgeable immigration professionals at Sharma law have specialist experience in helping Indian students obtain visas to travel to and study in New Zealand. For more information about applying for a New Zealand student visa from India or to schedule a free initial consult, please contact us at +64 7 855 2663 or whatsapp us at +64 7 855 2663.
Why Study in New Zealand?
In New Zealand, your ability to take the initiative, creatively problem-solve, and act independently are more valued than simply following set patterns or your social status. As a student in this young country, you’ll be encouraged to seek your own answers by thinking for yourself.
Schools, universities and educational institutes in New Zealand are renowned across the world for their high teaching standards. A New Zealand qualification is internationally recognised, welcomed by employers and will enhance your career prospects both in New Zealand and abroad. They also open up exciting postgraduate study opportunities.
New Zealand’s educational system is famed for its ability to balance academic achievement with practical skills, producing creative, flexible thinkers competent in both the theory and practice of their fields. That is why it currently attracts tens of thousands of international students every year.
Life outside of the classroom is equally exciting. New Zealand has an incredible amount to offer – from stunning natural landscapes, exciting adventure sports, a rich history, culture, delicious international cuisine and plenty to explore and do.
Sharma Law – Your Indian Immigration Lawyer
Sharma Law was founded by Indian-born Rahul Sharma. Rahul is a practising Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and has also been admitted to the bar in Delhi, India. He is thus able to offer professional, high-quality legal advice alongside a first-hand awareness of the process of immigrating to New Zealand from India and a genuine cultural understanding of your needs.
How to Apply To Study in New Zealand
If your studies require you to stay in New Zealand for longer than three months, you will need a student visa. You will often have the choice of applying for a student visa in India before you travel or you can do so once you have arrived in New Zealand on another visa. Your student visa will usually include travel conditions allowing for multiple journeys, permitting you to travel in and out of New Zealand before your visa expires.
To apply to study in New Zealand as a student from India, you will ordinarily need:
- A passport valid for at least three months after the end of your period of stay in New Zealand
- A letter of acceptance from a New Zealand educational provider for a course approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. The letter must state your minimum course duration, total tuition fee, and whether this is in domestic or foreign currency.
- A written guarantee from an institution or a person that there is suitable accommodation available in New Zealand for you, if you are under the age of 18
- A return air ticket to India or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one
- Evidence of internationally recognised English Language proficiency outcomes
- Funds Transfer Scheme (FTS) setup with a New Zealand bank or sufficient funds for your expenses
Depending on your circumstances, you may have to provide additional documents for your application for a New Zealand student visa from India. These may include:
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees or certificates
- Passport-size photographs
- Evidence of sufficient funds for your living expenses
- Police Certificates
- A tuition fee receipt showing payment to date
- A written statement of purpose to study
- And others
A qualified immigration law professional such as the Sharma Law team can discuss your specific circumstances with you and provide you with personalised guidance. To book a free initial consult, please contact us at +64 7 855 2663 today.