Back To Top

Partnership Visa for NZ

If you’ve been granted a visa to live or work in New Zealand, a partnership visa for NZ can allow you to bring your partner here to be with you. These visas cover legal marriages, civil unions, and de facto relationships.

Categories of Partnership Based Resident Visa for NZ

There are several categories of partnership visas you can apply for, depending on your circumstances. They include:

  • General Visitor Visa under partnership instructions
  • Work Visa
  • Residence Visa under partnership instructions

Eligibility for a partnership visa in NZ

You and your partner must be able to prove that you are living together in a stable or genuine relationship.
As part of your application for a partnership visa, Immigration New Zealand will assess multiple factors to verify whether your relationship is genuine, including:

  • How long you’ve been together
  • Your living arrangements
  • Whether you can support each another financially
  • Whether you share common household tasks
  • Whether your relationship is socially recognised

You will have to provide extensive evidence to support your claim. This can include marriage or civil union certificates, joint rental agreements or home loans, and even mail addressed to you together at the same place and time. As a rule of thumb, evidence from official sources, such as bank statements, is more credible than informal evidence, such as a letter from a friend about your relationship. The more evidence you provide in your application for a partnership visa to Immigration New Zealnad, the easier it usually is for Immigration New Zealand to decide on your application.

If you or your partner have spent time living apart, you should also provide information about this separation, including the reason why you were apart, how long you were apart for, and how the pair of you kept in touch during your separation.

A skilled immigration lawyer can offer you advice on how to improve your application’s chances of success.

With a decade of experience in New Zealand Immigration law, the Sharma Law team has all the expertise you need to help with your application for a partnership visa for NZ. Contact us at XXXX to book an appointment.

Book Your Initial Consult Now

    Family Visas

    Family visas were designed to strengthen families and their communities. These come in various categories, including:

    Dependent Child Resident Visas

    If you are a New Zealand citizen or resident, you can bring your dependent children to live with you and study in New Zealand as long as they are aged 24 or under with no children of their own.

    Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visa

    This visa will allow you to visit your New Zealand citizen or resident children or grandchildren for up to 6 months at a time, with a maximum total stay of 18 months in three years.

    Parent Retirement Resident Visa

    If you have an adult child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident, and you meet the following criteria:

    • An annual income of NZD 60,000
    • NZD 1 million to invest for another four years
    • NZD 500,000 to live on

    You can apply for this visa. Once you have completed the 4-year investment period, you’ll be eligible for permanent residence.
    Applying for a family or partnership visa for NZ can be a confusing, time-consuming process. A qualified immigration lawyer can go a long way in helping improve your application’s chances of success. For a free initial consultation with an immigration lawyer, contact Sharma Law at +64 7 855 2663.

    Associated With

    Book Now For Your Free Initial Consult
    Your Success is our Success